Pavement is a part of everyday life, more so than we sometimes realize. You drive on it, walk on it, shop on it, park on it, bike on it, and more. In an ideal world, the surface would remain in perfect condition from the moment it was poured or paved, but unfortunately, that is not the case.
Concrete and asphalt surfaces that have potholes, cracks, fractures and various other types of damage are unpleasant and dangerous. When it comes to regular and ongoing pavement maintenance, preserving and protecting the surface is crucial. Proper pavement preservation ensures optimal safety and functionality of the concrete or asphalt surface.
Reasons Pavement Maintenance Is Important
For proper pavement maintenance, it’s essential to stay ahead of the surface repair before it gets out of hand. A simple concept to demonstrate the importance of pavement maintenance is the more destroyed the surface is, the more expensive and complicated the repair will be. Routine pavement maintenance can help avoid expensive projects that could have easily been prevented.
Here are some of the essential reasons why pavement maintenance is important:
- Safety – Pavement endures much wear and tear from cars, trucks, parking, weather, climate conditions, foot traffic and just everyday use. Whether it be on sidewalks or in the middle of the road, uneven pavement can be hazardous. When pavement is upheld correctly, this reduces the risks of injury, liability, and potential damage to vehicles.
- Cost-effective – Pavement maintenance can get expensive when the repair is extremely large or deep. Some cracks and fractures can become so profound that a quick fix is no longer an option, which quickly leads to a costly repair. Investing in pavement maintenance before this happens can save an extensive amount of money and hassle in the long run.
- Extended lifespan – When the concrete or asphalt surface is protected and preserved, routine pavement maintenance becomes much easier. This helps prevent early surface replacement, which in turn saves an extensive amount of time and money.
- Curb appeal – When there are huge potholes or cracks in pavement, it can be extremely unattractive and uninviting, especially if it’s in front of a business or home. This can result in lost business and even a hurt a company’s reputation, or can reduce resale value of a home, so it’s important to keep the surrounding pavement welcoming and attractive.
- Prevention – It’s inevitable that pavement will depreciate over time. Continuously addressing and fixing issues as they come up, though, can keep potholes, cracks, chips and overall repairs to a minimum, especially with pavement preservation solutions.
- Comprehensive ease – Uneven pavement filled with potholes and cracks can be uncomfortable to drive on, walk on, and park on. A smooth, level pavement surface is much more comfortable and enjoyable to encounter.
Overall, routine pavement maintenance is in everyone’s best interest to keep roads and pedestrians safe. When pavement is still in good shape, maintenance is significantly less costly, which also saves time, ensures roads are safer, prevents further damage and looks more appealing.
Asphalt Pavement Maintenance Products from UNIQUE Paving Materials
No matter how big or small the application, UNIQUE Paving Materials has the asphalt pavement maintenance solutions for you. Whether you’re a homeowner, business owner, property owner, or city/locality tasked with keeping pavement in solid condition, our pavement maintenance products are sure to withstand harsh climate conditions and seasonal weather change.
UNIQUE Paving Materials offers a variety of repair and preservation products for all types of asphalt pavement maintenance including:
- UPM® Cold Mix – Our cold asphalt patch is a cost-effective, reliable solution that can instantly repair potholes and unwanted road damage. The unique formula in this asphalt pavement maintenance solution withstands harsh weather conditions and helps prevent future repairs and the costs that come with it.
- UNQIUE KOLD-FLO® Pourable Crack Filler – This fast-curing solution is ideal for asphalt surfaces affected by destructive weather cycles and climate conditions. Plus, this multi-purpose, pourable crack filler facilitates simple crack filling and sealing.
- INTEGRA-SEAL® Asphalt Sealer – Our top-grade pavement sealer is designed to seal and protect maturing asphalt without the health and odor concerns affiliated with coal tar-based sealers. This non-skid formula provides improved durability, strong adhesion and protection against weather, oxidation, gas, salt and oil.
- MICROMIX® Mini Cold Mix – This mini cold mix is ideal for smaller, more elaborate pavement repairs such as asphalt crocodile cracking, eroding expansion joints, and shallow “pop-outs.” Our warranty-guaranteed mixture provides coverage that lasts.
- UNIQUE® Asphalt Resurfacer – Our asphalt resurfacer is designed with special polymers and additives to revitalize and seal asphalt pavements to protect them against water, moisture, and deicing salts. This easy-to-use formula is perfect for application on any asphalt surface including driveways, parking lots, and roadways.
Each of our products is carefully tested and perfected to be adaptable and used in a diverse range of applications. Be sure to check our online store for your pavement maintenance products.
If you’re not too sure which asphalt pavement maintenance solution is best for your application, reach out to us and our team will be more than happy to help you find the right solution.
Other Pavement Maintenance and Preservation Solutions
At UNIQUE Paving Materials, we offer our RAVEL SEAL® Pavement Preservation Emulsion, ideal for pavement repair prevention and restoration of asphalt-based pavements. This pavement sealer is perfect to revive wear and tear, micro and chip sealed roadways, parking lots, driveways and more. Our unique formula for asphalt pavement maintenance prevents oxidation, slows the deterioration process and extends the surface’s lifespan for three to five years.
Contact UNIQUE Paving Materials for Your Pavement Maintenance Needs
If you’re interested in pavement maintenance products, UNIQUE Paving Materials has the solutions for you. We pride ourselves on our long-lasting products that are easy-to-use and budget friendly.
Contact our team today to get started or reach out with any questions you may have about our asphalt pavement maintenance. We look forward to hearing from you!