Concrete pools are extremely durable and long lasting. With proper care and maintenance, they can last many years without any issues at all. However, it is inevitable that over time there can be damage, such as cracking, which may require an underwater concrete pool patch. There are two main types of cracking when it comes to an underwater concrete pool, which are:
- Structural cracks – These are cracks that are found in the shell of the pool, meaning that the composition of the pool itself is compromised. They can be found on the sides and bottom of the pool both horizontally and vertically. A structural crack is more serious and requires more work and time to repair.
- Surface cracks – A surface crack forms as part of the hardening process of a freshly poured concrete pool. These types of cracks typically distort the aesthetic of the pool more than anything. It is not common for a surface crack to lead to leaks, but any should still be fixed in a timely manner.
Finding a Concrete Pool Patch That Works for You
There are a variety of factors that can contribute to a crack in your pool. Typically, a crack will occur when there is a change in the soil moisture content. While this is normally the case, there may have been structural mistakes in the building of the pool.
Regardless, it is important to repair the issue right away by placing a concrete pool patch to ensure no further damage occurs. Here are the first two steps to choosing the right underwater concrete pool patch that will work for you:
- Research – After identifying the type of concrete pool repair that is necessary, you’ll want to do extensive research on the different underwater concrete pool patch products that can resolve the issue. There are different factors that come into play such as longevity, setting time, resistance, bond strength, and more. So, take adequate time to identify the best product for the job.
- Directions – To ensure your underwater concrete pool patch lasts a long time, it is important to carefully read the directions of the product before jumping right in. Some products may require additional steps to ensure proper installation. For example, the process for a horizontal versus a vertical crack differ in most cases.
Choose UNIQUE for Underwater Concrete Pool Patches
Here at UNIQUE Paving Materials, we manufacture a variety of high-quality concrete pool repair products for many scenarios and applications. For an underwater concrete pool patch, we recommend checking out our UNIQUE POSTCRETE GROUT/WS® Hydraulic Cement. This product is used to instantly stop running water through holes, cracks, and mortar joints, making it the perfect solution for concrete pool repair.
Our additional concrete patch offerings include:
- UNIQUE® High Performance Fast Set Mortar Concrete Patching Materials
- UNIQUE® Highway DOT Fast Set Ready to Use Concrete Mix
- UNIQUE FLEXICRETE® XP Polymer Modified Mortar
- UNIQUE® Overhead and Vertical Repair Mortar
Benefits of UNIQUE’s Concrete Pool Repair Products
We have a team of experts who are consistently researching, testing, and developing new products and techniques for concrete pool repair. Our goal is to give our customers peace of mind knowing that our products are high strength and long lasting. Some additional benefits include:
- User-friendly design
- Easy clean up
- 3–5-minute set time
- Excellent bond strength
- Freeze-thaw and sulfate resistant
- Rapid-strength development
- Quick top-coat application
- Volume stable
Contact UNIQUE for All Your Concrete Pool Repair Needs
Unique Paving Materials is here to provide you with all the products you need to get the job done right. Our top-quality concrete pool repair supplies will deliver the highest performance while saving you time and money.
Contact us with any questions you have regarding concrete pool patches, or any of our additional products.