At UNIQUE Paving Materials, we understand the importance of using durable materials when completing a project. That’s why we are dedicated to only providing products that deliver the highest performance. The next time you have applications for hydraulic cement, be sure to check out our repair solutions to get the job done.
How Hydraulic Cement Works
Starting as a liquid, this material is known for its rapid drying and hardening qualities. Hydraulic cement is made up of a mix of substances, with four crucial components: alite, belite, celite, and brownmillerite.
Belite and alite create strength once the material hardens, while celite and brownmillerite help keep the material in its initial liquid state prior to usage.
The Difference Between Hydraulic and Non-Hydraulic Cement
Cement is classified into two types, hydraulic and non-hydraulic. Typically, their differences come from their compositions and the way that they are utilized. Hydraulic cement hardens when water reacts with the cement powder. As for non-hydraulic, all it needs are dry conditions resulting from the reaction of carbonation with CO2.
Another key difference is that non-hydraulic cement needs a long time to harden compared to hydraulic. This can pose difficulties when you are on a tight deadline and need to finish a project, giving hydraulic cement an edge. Lastly, the uses of hydraulic cement and non-hydraulic differ as well. Hydraulic is commonly used for drainage systems, buildings, bridges and more. Non-hydraulic, on the other hand, is used in stonework, bricks, and mortar.
Common Applications of Hydraulic Cement
Hydraulic cement is a material that is widely used in diverse projects, typically seen in construction settings. With the ability to be applied in both wet and dry conditions, it makes for an essential tool for any job site.
There are a variety of applications of hydraulic cement due to its versatility, making it ideal for the following:
- Water channels
- Water storage facilities
- Basement Walls
- Equipment pads
- Grout base plates
- Ornamental Iron
- Anchor bolts
- Elevator pits
Why UNIQUE Paving Materials Is Ideal for Your Next Hydraulic Cement Project
UNIQUE Paving Materials been producing and delivering high-performance products for over 60 years. Suited for each and every weather condition or season, our products are known for their ease of use and adaptability.
If you’re searching for hydraulic cement, be sure to check out our POSTCRETE GROUT/WS® hydraulic cement. Our high-strength cement repair solutions are composed of the right materials to ensure you’re able to get the job done.
By choosing our POSTCRETE GROUT/WS hydraulic cement, you’ll reap benefits such as:
- Easy clean up
- Excellent bond strength
- 3–5-minute set time
- Stopping water, even under pressure
- Non-shrink/volume stable/non-chloride composition
- Freeze-thaw and sulfate resistant
- Rapid strength development
- Can be top coated in 24 hours
- Gets stronger as water tries to penetrate the repair
Easy Application with Our Hydraulic Cement
One of the qualities we strive for in our products is to provide easy application. With our hydraulic cement, you can rapidly stop active water leaks by following these easy instructions.
Since there are quite a few uses for hydraulic cement, we’ve broken it down by the current situation you may be dealing with.
To Stop Surface Leaks Not Under Pressure
- Start at the top of the crack and work your way down. Press the water stop into place.
- Any excess material can be removed to form a uniform surface.
To Stop Surface Leaks Under Pressure or Under Water
- Similar to the other first step, you’re going to want to start at the top of the crack. You’ll want to work your way down, pressing the water stop into place.
- Maintain consistent pressure on the applied material until the final set has been achieved.
- Excess material can be removed to form a uniform surface.
To Use as a Grout
- Pour into or under the item, making sure to fill it without voids. You’ll then place the actor or embed in the prepared hole and provide support for the item. Avoid moving or disturbing the item until sufficient strength is achieved.
We Offer Other Solutions for All Your Repair Needs
In the case that you are dealing with a project that requires more than what hydraulic cement can help solve, we also offer additional products for other repair needs. Here are some concrete patching products to help with these scenarios:
- Horizontal structural repair application less than 6” deep – For this situation, you’ll want to utilize our UNIQUE® High-Performance Fast-Set Mortar. This product is a fast-setting concrete repair mortar. It features hydraulic cement, graded silica sand and other enhanced performing additives. Benefits of this product include high early strength, freeze-thaw resistance and up to 15 minutes of working time at 70° F!
- Repairs from 2” to feather edge – To give your repairs a superior bond, along with tensile and flexural strength, you’ll want to utilize our UNIQUE FLEXICRETE® XP Polymer Modified Mortar. This is perfect for repairing and patching concrete, and features high-abrasion resistance to deicing salts and cold weather freeze-thaw cycles.
Discover the Various Uses of Hydraulic Cement with UNIQUE Products
Are you ready to take advantage of the various uses of hydraulic cement? Start your project today with our UNIQUE products that offer versatility and durability.
If you have any questions or want to learn more about our products, contact our team today!