The summer months are upon us, which means it’s time to get outside and get active. At this time of year, though, tennis courts, basketball courts, asphalt tracks and other sport surfaces experience their busiest season of wear and tear, so it’s vital to keep them in good condition.
Typically, May through September is the best time for sport surface repair, and there are many things you can do as far as maintenance to avoid ongoing issues. To help you accomplish these goals, UNIQUE Paving Materials offers sport surface repair products that will get the job done.
Sport Surface Repair Maintenance Tips
Sport surfaces such as tennis and basketball courts endure a lot of abrasion that can lead to damage and deterioration. However, with the right maintenance measures in place, it is possible to minimize the need for sport surface repairs. You’ll want to stay on top of the following:
- Regular cleanings and inspections – Perform routine checks to ensure debris, dirt, and organic matter is kept clear. Additionally, regularly inspect your surface for signs of unevenness.
- Timely sport surface repairs – Check frequently for cracking to prevent further damage or more significant issues. Quickly utilize a sport surface repair product if cracking occurs.
- Sealcoating – Apply a layer of sealcoat every few years to protect the sport surface from UV rays, water infiltration, and other elements. Sealcoating also improves the appearance of the surface.
- Snow and ice removal – Depending on the area you live in, the winter months can be difficult for maintaining sport surfaces. It is important to have a plan for snow and ice removal that avoids using harsh chemicals so your surface will remain in good condition.
- Erecting protective barriers – Consider investing in protective coverings for your surface when it is not in use to eliminate issues caused by equipment, debris, or extreme weather conditions.
Preventative maintenance measures are crucial to the safety and playability of sport surfaces made of asphalt. In cases of cracking or other damage, make sure to check out the sport surface repair products from UNIQUE Paving Materials.
Sport Surface Repair Products
Here at UNIQUE, we aim to provide versatile and durable products for sport surface repair that are ideal for any region, season, weather condition, or climate. In addition to sport surface repair products, we also provide preventative maintenance tools and materials to ensure longevity.
Our sport surface repair products include:
- UPM® Cold Mix – Designed as a cold asphalt patch mix for contractors, business owners, and municipalities who need to permanently fill potholes or cracks
- KOLD-FLO® Pourable Crack Filler – Cost effective and fast-curing modified asphalt emulsion crack filler and sealer that is safe for sport surface repair
- INTEGRA-SEAL® Rejuvenating Asphalt Sealer – Specially engineered for increased durability, superior adhesion, non-skid formulation, and easy application
- MICROMIX® Mini Cold Mix – Designed specifically to repair shallow, smaller pavement problems, making it the ideal product for sport surface repair
- KWIK-LOK® Pavement Primer – Fast-curing pavement primer designed to be used before sealing, locking down oil and chemical stains
- UNIQUE® Asphalt Resurfacer – Protects sport surfaces from water, moisture, and deicing salts that come from alligator cracks in asphalt pavements
Frequently Asked Questions on Sport Surface Repair
How do I know if my tennis court needs a sport surface repair?
By keeping a close eye on your sport surface, you will notice any discrepancies that need to be taken care of. The most common signs that sport surface repair is needed include visible cracks, potholes, unevenness, surface fading, and water pooling.
Am I able to perform a sport surface repair on my own or do I need to hire a professional?
One of the great benefits of UNIQUE’s sport surface repair products is that they’re made for easy application. Minor repairs such as filling small cracks can be done yourself.
However, if the repair appears to be larger scale it is important to consult a professional to ensure the performance and safety of the sport surface is not compromised during repair.
What are the most common causes of asphalt damage on sport surfaces?
Typically, the most common causes that lead to sport surface repairs come from the elements, including UV rays, heavy rain, and freeze-thaw cycles. Some larger issues originate from inadequate drainage, underlying soil issues, and heavy usage.
What is the timeline for most sport surface repair products?
The timeline for sport surface repairs can vary depending on the severity of the damage. Small crack repairs can typically be completed in a day or two before returning to business as usual. Larger repairs may take several days or even weeks to complete.
Contact Us Today for Sport Surface Repair Products
We know that this time of year is common for sport surface repairs, and our team at UNIQUE is dedicated to providing knowledge and solutions on asphalt repair. Don’t forget to check out our line of sport surface repair products and contact us today with any questions!