UNIQUE Paving Materials is a manufacturer of asphalt and concrete repair and maintenance products that has been delivering a wide array of innovative solutions for over 60 years. Our team is constantly testing and perfecting our materials to develop products that are both cost-efficient and effective.
Our goal is to develop regular maintenance products that are user-friendly to enhance your surface and promote its durability through the elements. One way to enhance the endurance and appearance of your asphalt is through the use of a blacktop sealer.
Reasons to Practice Blacktop Sealing
Consider applying a blacktop sealer to achieve an easy solution for long-lasting asphalt. There are many reasons to seal your blacktop, including the following:
- Extending the lifespan of the blacktop – Seal coating your pavement adds a layer or shield that is designed to protect your surface from the elements and other issues. This includes drying from sunlight, the freeze-thaw cycle associated with winter, damage from auto fluid, and more.
- Preventing high repair costs – When the surface of your blacktop is exposed, it is more prone to oxidizing or drying out which will result in pavement cracks that will eventually develop into potholes. Since blacktop sealing promotes longevity and protection, it will be more resistant to damage. By failing to maintain your blacktop over time, larger repairs or even costly full replacements will be required.
- Maintaining a fresh appearance – Regularly sealing your blacktop is not only good for its functionality, but it increases its visual appeal as well. It gives your blacktop a smooth finish, boosting the overall look of your property. Blacktop sealing also keeps your surface clean because it allows dirt and debris to wash away easily.
In order to maintain your blacktop and promote its longevity, we suggest that you use blacktop sealer once every two years. Sealing asphalt is a rather simple process and our product is designed to be user-friendly. However, there are notes to keep in mind when starting the project.
Blacktop sealing will likely take a day to complete, but much of that time will be spent drying. Be sure to choose a nice day where the weather is expected to be above 45°F. Next, you will want to prepare the surface by doing the following:
- Fill any cracks that are visible 24 hours prior to seal coating
- Clean and prime the surface using a leaf blower and try to remove surrounding rubbish
- Rinse the surface with a power washer or hose
- Remove all excess water before sealcoating
- Consider masking off surface edges near other structures or pavements to prevent spillage
- Spread the blacktop sealer carefully across the surface
- Work the sealer into the pavement with a squeegee or sealer brush and remove any excess material to an unsealed area
After applying the first coat across the entire blacktop surface, it is important to wait at least 8 hours before applying a second coat. After reapplying, be sure to wait at least 24 hours before allowing traffic onto the surface. After it’s dry, you will be able to travel on and admire your freshly coated blacktop!
Choose a Reliable Blacktop Sealer
Choosing a reliable blacktop sealer will promote results that you are satisfied with. To achieve premium coverage and encourage long-term stability of your driveway, select UNIQUE Paving Materials.
Our INTEGRA-SEAL® Blacktop Sealer is a professional-grade sealer that is designed to protect and beautify aging blacktop without any harsh odors that are often associated with tar-based sealers. Additional benefits of choosing our blacktop sealer include:
- Superior adhesion
- Non-skid formulation
- Zero VOCs
- Easy application
- A composition free of coal tar
Our products are designed to perform now… and down the road, and this would not be possible without our dedicated team. With innovation, expertise, and premium materials at their disposal, our team develops products that are designed to save you time, money, and repeated repairs.
Start Blacktop Sealing Today!
Our blacktop sealer is specifically engineered to be the best solution for your surface. Try it out today to see all that blacktop sealing can do for your property!
If you have any questions, be sure to reach out to our team. We are always happy to help!