According to an article published by the American Road & Transportation Builders Association (ARTBA), some shocking data was uncovered about the longevity of our bridges throughout the United States. About 54,259 bridges of the 612,677 in the United States are considered “structurally deficient.” However, many of these bridges are still in operation and open to daily commuters.
This is where we come in, because UNIQUE Paving Materials has been serving counties across the U.S. in bridge repair and bridge rehabilitation for many years through the use of our effective products.
Read on below to find out about the methods that go into a bridge rehabilitation project and the varied products we offer that can make a difference.
Bridge Repair Methods
Methods of bridge repair vary based on the size, material makeup, and equipment needed for the project. Some of these rehabilitation methods integrate technology to expedite the process, making the repair process more efficient. Some of these methods and key considerations of any bridge rehabilitation project include:
- Substructure replacement – Substructures typically consist of wood, steel, or concrete. Each of these materials fall subject to deterioration over time through natural wear and tear. Experts can analyze these structures to determine if they are suffering a loss of weight-bearing capacity and what the root cause of the issue may be. Replacement via new materials may be the best approach for substructures.
- Superstructure replacement – A bridge’s superstructure as a whole can also be analyzed by experts to determine if a bridge has major structural damage and needs to be completely shut down to public traffic. Superstructure replacements are normally performed with concrete slabs.
- Deck rehabilitation – If a bridge is suffering from 20% deck spalling or delamination then it’s time to be replaced. Deck rehabilitation with overlays is best used in certain instances. Some of these include repairing the primary rebar layer, making bridge decks continuous, and economical repair tactics that minimally disrupt daily traffic.
If you are looking to start your next bridge rehabilitation project large or small turn to the experts at UNIQUE Paving Materials. Companies and municipalities use our products to help make roads and bridges safer every day.
Products Used for Bridge Rehabilitation
The UNIQUE Paving Materials team is ready to supply you with premium, reliable products to aid in your bridge repair work. Some of the asphalt and concrete repair products that our team supplies include:
If you are unsure of which of our specialized repair products is best suited for your road repair needs, request a free sample today.
In Need of More Helpful Tips? Check Out Our Blog!
Whether it’s posting about how bridge rehabilitations work or the best products to use for various services, here at UNIQUE Paving Materials we’ve got all the information you need!
Some of our recent blog posts include the following:
- How to Protect and Maintain a Parking Lot in the Winter
- Get the Best Pavement Repair for Bridges with UNIQUE Paving Materials
- DIY Home Repairs with UNIQUE’s Pavement Concrete Patch
- Asphalt Repair for Properties
We are happy to help answer any questions you might have about our blog posts or any services you might be interested in!
Contact UNIQUE Paving Materials to Learn More!
We are your go-to resource when you have a question regarding bridge repairs and rehabilitations, along with many other applications as well. Get in touch with us and we’ll be sure to help assess your needs and deliver the best results!