If you’re part of an asphalt repair company with an extensive clientele, there can be times when your projects involve strict regulations that you need to abide by. This includes the individual expectations of residential communities and homeowner associations.
So if your company is looking for the necessary products that align with a residential community’s rules and requirements, learn more about the product line from UNIQUE Paving Materials today.
What Is an HOA?
Homeowner Associations (HOAs) are organizations that manage the features that make up a residential community, such as homes, clubhouses, pools, and more. The goal of an HOA is to schedule and monitor community events, listen to the qualms of property owners, and make sure the rules and requirements for each property are being met.
What Are the Key Features of an HOA?
When working with an HOA, certain things to keep in mind include the following:
- HOAs are usually created when a new residential neighborhood or community is built
- Dues are collected to pay for common maintenance and upkeep
- A board, comprised of people who living within the community, is in charge of determining rules for the properties in the neighborhood
- HOAs have the power to distribute fines if residents continuously violate rules
- If you choose to live in an HOA-managed community, it’s required that you pay the necessary membership fees along with any distributed fines
4 Pavement-Related Rules and Regulations
Though the rules may vary depending on the HOA, the purpose of outlined specifications for a driveway’s appearance is to create a uniform neighborhood aesthetic, as well as make maintenance easier for repair companies. That is why asphalt companies that work with HOAs should be familiar with these general requirements before taking on any new projects.
In most residential communities that include an HOA, you can expect regulations on the following aspects:
- Driveway materials and colors – To maintain a uniform neighborhood aesthetic, HOAs could require that all driveways within a community have the same style and look. This can include requiring asphalt over concrete driveways, and not allowing driveways to have colored and patterned designs on them.
- Oil stains on parking areas – If there happens to be a fresh oil stain on your driveway, your HOA may require that you clean it promptly. This is to maintain that fresh, neat, and cohesive look that most HOAs prefer in their communities.
- Parking expansion limitations – For residents wanting to expand their driveway, they will usually have to submit a request to the HOA before construction. The request is to ensure that the dimensions of your expansion coincide with the predetermined expectations of the organization.
- General pavement maintenance – HOAs may also require general upkeep for your pavement. This can include resealing your driveway after a certain number of years to guarantee that your pavement is looking as good as new alongside neighboring driveways.
It is important to note that the specific regulations of a residential community are unique to each neighborhood. If you happen to be working on a project in a neighborhood that has an HOA, make sure to check directly with their board to ensure that your project’s final results will meet their expectations.
About Our Asphalt Repair Materials for Meeting HOA Requirements
UNIQUE Paving Materials is dedicated to providing quick, simple, and effective solutions to all of your project-related needs. Asphalt companies that work alongside HOAs can trust that our line of repair materials is carefully produced for the most durable and high-quality results possible. From the selection of the best raw materials to meticulous assurance testing, our products are designed to look great and last for a long time.
For asphalt repair products that meet the project requirements of an HOA, check out some of the options we can offer:
- KOLD-FLO® Pourable Crack Filler – Looking to save time and money on asphalt driveway repairs? If so, our pourable crack filler can be inserted directly onto cracks in your pavement and cured within 30 minutes, making it one of the most efficient products when working on multiple projects within a residential community.
- INTEGRA-SEAL® Rejuvenating Asphalt Sealer – Sealing your pavement is a great way to protect and beautify aging asphalt without the need for a full replacement. Our premium asphalt sealer can deliver definitive results for your residential community without the health and environmental concerns of regular coal-tar-based sealers.
- MICROMIX® Mini Cold Mix – For more shallow pavement problems, our mini cold mix is recommended as an agile cold patch solution. It is also guaranteed to outlast the surrounding pavement on a driveway over 90% of the time!
If you’re an asphalt repair company that also works on larger projects, such as busy roads, parking lots, and more, some additional asphalt repair and preservation products that we would recommend for your application include the following:
To learn more about our expansive product line and how to best tailor our products to your application, contact our team at UNIQUE!
How Does My Asphalt Repair Company Land a Contract with an HOA?
There are numerous ways for your asphalt repair company to get involved with HOA work. Just some quick tips and tricks that we recommend for the best results include the following:
- List your company on various online HOA vendor directories
- Make sure your website highlights your work with HOAs in your services section
- Obtain relevant certifications, such as the Certified Manager of Community Associations (CMCA)
- Network with others through various conferences and trade shows
- Partner with large HOA management firms and suggest subcontracting maintenance options to them
Feel free to mix and match these options depending on your preference. Alongside these practices, maintaining a good reputation and providing educated customer service is also essential, as satisfied HOAs would be more inclined to recommend your unmatched services to other communities in the surrounding area.
Contact Us Today for HOA Asphalt Maintenance Products
At UNIQUE Paving Materials, we supply asphalt repair products that can exceed your HOA expectations and more.
Start your order for your pavement repair solutions or contact our team with any questions. We look forward to assisting you soon!