It’s important to realize that outside factors affect the durability of concrete. By understanding what is happening, you can act fast with the help of our effective products. At UNIQUE Paving Materials, we have created a variety of high-quality solutions to protect, beautify, and preserve pavements.
We provide repair products that will help solve your problems, whether they are found in a major paving project or a simple crack in your driveway.
Learning how to patch concrete first starts with gathering high-quality materials. Our products are designed to help you throughout the process when repairing your concrete. Some of our products include:
- UNIQUE® High-Performance Fast-Setting Mortar
- UNIQUE® Highway DOT Fast-Setting Concrete Mix
- UNIQUE FLEXICRETE® XP Polymer-Modified Mortar
- UNIQUE® Overhead and Vertical Concrete Repair Mortar
- UNIQUE POSTCRETE GROUT /WS® Hydraulic Cement
It’s inevitable that concrete repair areas will emerge due to the elements. These materials have the compounds needed to keep your concrete going strong. Learn how to patch concrete and restore your concrete surface.
Steps on How to Patch Concrete
1. Prepare the Concrete and Clean the Surface
When learning how to patch concrete, starting the process with a clean surface allows for the repair material to adhere to the existing concrete. This can be done with a broom, a hose, or by hand. The goal of this step is to remove any pieces that are loose that would create a roughened surface.
2. Wet the Surface
Before applying the concrete, lightly spray the surface with water. Remove any extra sitting water afterwards.
3. Prep the Mixture
This step will depend on what mixture you are using to patch the concrete. Following the instructions, prepare the concrete mixture to get the right consistency.
4. Form a Barrier for the Concrete with Scrap Wood
Ensuring you follow ICRI/SCI guidelines, prepare the edges of the concrete repairs if necessary.
5. Pour and Fill the Holes with the Mixture
Apply the concrete mixture by either pouring or hand applying onto the desired surface. Use a trowel to evenly spread the mixture on the concrete. A steel trowel is recommended if a smooth surface is the goal. If you are going for a rougher finish, use a broom to score the top and allow it to dry. Be sure to rinse tools immediately afterwards with water.
6. Wait for the New Concrete Mix to Dry
You are going to want to look at the product’s instructions for the appropriate time required before letting traffic resume.
7. Seal the Concrete
After curing, use a concrete sealer to secure the new concrete and create a barrier to protect it from further damage. Apply with a roller or spray bottle and let it dry.
8. You’re Done!
Once the time has passed for everything to dry, remove the barriers, and get back to ongoing business. After completing these steps, you’ve learned how to patch concrete!
Additional Repair Solutions
At UNIQUE Paving Materials, we offer a variety of solutions in addition to concrete repair. Our other repair solutions include:
- Pavement Preservation – Create longer-lasting roadways by applying the right treatment. Our goal is to provide high-quality products at an affordable price. This has been proven to save tax dollars, improve overall safety, and increase the lifespan of roads.
- Asphalt Repair – UNIQUE manufacturers asphalt patch, crack filler, and asphalt sealer to meet your needs. Our team provides cost-effective solutions to protect your asphalt’s foundation over long periods of time.
Still Wondering How to Patch Concrete? Contact Us Today!
Having over 50 years of experience and working with a variety of contractors has allowed us to create products suited for all weather conditions and seasons. Our concrete repair materials will have you confident in how to patch concrete.
To learn more about where to get started or what products you should use, contact us! Our team is always happy to help. We look forward to talking with you.