At UNIQUE Paving Materials, we provide premier road repair products that are suited for every season. Whether you’re experiencing harsh winter conditions or scorching summer weather, we’ve got you covered. Our effective and reliable concrete joint filler products preserve and protect pavement, while keeping out water.
What Are Concrete Joints?
Concrete joints are the intentional, pre-planned spaces left between slabs of concrete. These joints can be seen in many concrete applications, but a common example is found in sidewalks. The purpose of these intentional gaps is to allow the concrete to expand or contract during fluctuations in temperature throughout the year, preventing costly and unsightly damage.
How Is Concrete Joint Filling Repair Conducted?
When you are looking to repair your concrete joints, you’ll first need to acquire a reliable concrete joint filling material, with enough to handle the job you have in mind. From there, you will need to take the following steps:
- To prepare your joints and cracks for filling, free them of any weeds, grass, debris, or water. For various steps in this process, weed eaters, power washers, air compressors, brooms, and leaf blowers can all be worthwhile to have on hand, but not all will be needed in every case.
- You will then want to check the soundness of the pavement in the area to be repaired. Make sure you don’t see damage caused by freezing or undermining. If you see undermined areas (an example is shown in our video below), know that the damage could be severe and may require backfilling before any application of your concrete joint filler.
- Should your joint require backfilling as mentioned in the previous step, you will want to partially fill the gap with clean sand or backer rods. If the undermining is not filled completely with your first application of concrete joint filler, or the liquid lowers in the crack as it runs down into the undermined areas and settles, additional joint filler will be required to fill the space evenly with the surface.
- When applying your concrete joint filler, you can either pour directly from the container, use a pour pot, or use a pump and wand system.
- During application, simply fill the joint with the material ¾ of the way down the joint, allowing the liquid to fill the space from the bottom to the top. Wait a few minutes to let the material seep completely into the gap.
- Using a U- or V-shaped squeegee, or a similar tool, push and spread the remaining filler material the full length of the joint, including the in remaining quarter section of the joint that previously lacked material.
- You will want to make sure to level the concrete joint filling material with the existing pavement. Also, allow 1-2 hours of curing time between coats as needed.
- Be sure to clean your application tools before the material dries on them.
It should be noted that our concrete joint filling material should not be applied when the ambient temperature is expected to drop below 50 degrees Fahrenheit, or when rain is expected within 24 hours following its application.
Also, if your concrete filler has been stored for more than thirty days, some separation or settling of the liquid may have occurred. In this case, simply stir, mix, or shake the container prior to application to achieve a consistent mixture.
Our Approach to Concrete Expansion Joint Repair
Concrete joint repair and preservation can be challenging due to a variety of weather patterns and climates. UNIQUE Paving Materials has carefully crafted, tested, and perfected each of our joint filler products to be easy to use and adaptable to your concrete joint repair applications.
Our UNIQUE® Concrete Pourable Crack Filler is designed to fill cracks and joints on parking lots, driveways and countless other concrete surfaces. This concrete joint filler is a signature-grade, Gilsonite-modified asphalt emulsion product, ensuring stability, flexibility, and improved resistance to moisture in your concrete joint repair projects.
Other key benefits of our concrete expansion joint repair solutions include:
- A cost-efficient product providing long-lasting results
- Material is asphalt-based and free of coal tar
- Quick drying, reducing downtime
- Straightforward and safe application process
- Can be applied to damp pavements
- Smoothly adheres to pavement once applied
- Environmentally friendly composition
- Minimal preparation prior to use
- Unopened container has six-month shelf life
- Outstanding flexibility in cold weather
- Keeps traffic moving with minimal delays
- Color designed to closely match that of concrete
- Fuel resistant, making it ideal for sealing cracks and joints at fueling facilities
- Can be cleaned off of tools with simple soap and water
Our concrete joint filler and crack filler is intended for use in hairline cracks and cracks and joints up to 1 ½ inches wide. For cracks larger than 1 ½ inches wide, UNIQUE Paving Materials provides other options such as our MICROMIX®Mini Cold Mix
Additional Concrete Joint Repair Products
Along with our offerings for concrete expansion joint repair, we offer a variety of other products for asphalt repair and pavement preservation. UNIQUE Paving Materials has mastered a diverse range of pavement repair solutions and materials for all weather conditions. Beyond concrete joint filler, some of the other concrete and asphalt products we offer include:
- UPM® Cold Mix
- KOLD-FLO® Gilsonite-Modified Pourable Crack Filler
- INTEGRA-SEAL® Asphalt Sealer
- MICROMIX® Mini Cold Mix
- Pavegrip® Adhesion Promoter
- SPM™ Asphalt Products
- UNIQUE FLEXICRETE® XP Repair Mortar
- UNIQUE® High-Performance Fast Set Mortar
- UNIQUE® Highway DOT Fast Set Concrete
- UNIQUE® Overhead and Vertical Repair Mortar
- UNIQUE POSTCRETE GROUT/WS® Hydraulic Cement
Whether you’re looking for pothole repair or asphalt patching, our unique mixtures are the ideal solution. If you can’t find exactly what you’re looking for, reach out to our team and we’ll be happy to help!
Choose UNIQUE Paving Materials for Concrete Joint Repair
When it comes to the road repair industry, innovation and safety are crucial. For over 60 years, UNIQUE Paving Materials has remained a national leader in concrete repair by prioritizing high-quality products, exceptional customer service, and ongoing improvements.
Along with our premium concrete joint filler, we continue to set ourselves apart from the competition with:
- Products suited for all seasons and weather conditions throughout North America
- Experienced and knowledgeable lab technicians
- A state-of-the-art laboratory adept at developing and researching materials
- Quality control procedures for new products to ensure performance is up to standards
- On-site training and application with our highly skilled field staff
Regarding our laboratory, customers will be happy to know we utilize detailed processes to ensure the reliability of all materials we develop, test, and distribute. This includes the following:
- All of the raw materials that we use are chosen based on our exacting quality standards
- Our lab team considers specific aggregate characteristics along with regional elements as they craft customized formulations for our customers
- When you work with UNIQUE Paving Materials for concrete joint fillers and other products, know that each mix we make is rigorously tested before we send it out for you to use in the field
Contact Us Today for Concrete Joint Filler
The diverse selection of products and excellent customer service at UNIQUE Paving Materials allows us to provide the perfect road maintenance solutions for your needs. Our team is readily available to assist you with concrete joint repair materials, proven to save time and money.
If you’re looking for the best concrete expansion joint repair material company, you have come to the right place. Contact us today for a free sample of our concrete joint filler or reach out for more information.