Parking lot resurfacing can be a daunting task if you don’t have the right products to ensure the highest quality. Luckily, UNIQUE Paving Materials has the best products that offer a wide variety of repair solutions for your parking lot sealcoating needs. Unlike many other asphalt repair companies, UNIQUE supplies products that are effective for any season or weather condition.
For your parking lot sealing and repair needs, check out these five key products!
1. KOLD-FLO® Crack Filler
Our KOLD-FLO® Gilsonite-Modified Pourable Crack Filler is an asphalt and concrete crack filler that is ideal for parking lots, roads, pavements, driveways, and other asphalt surfaces. It is a great solution for parking lot sealcoating because of its filling and sealing capabilities on cracks from the weather’s freeze and thaw cycles.
Some benefits of this product for parking lot sealing include:
- Fast-curing design
- Do-it-yourself application
- Significant time savings
2. UNIQUE® Pourable Concrete Crack Filler
Our UNIQUE® Pourable Concrete Crack Filler is a Gilsonite-modified asphalt emulsion concrete crack filler for any fissures and cracks seen in parking lots, driveways, and other concrete spaces.
Some of its key benefits include:
- Easy adherence to the pavement
- Premier cold weather flexibility
- No coal tar
- Reduces traffic delays
- Necessitates minimal preparation
- Safe and easy to apply
3. INTEGRA-SEAL® Rejuvenating Asphalt Sealer
The INTEGRA-SEAL® Rejuvenating Asphalt Sealer is the premium pavement sealer designed to seal and protect against aging asphalt. Plus, our parking lot sealcoating is engineered without the odors and environmental concerns that come along with coal tar sealers.
Reasons to choose this parking lot sealcoating product include:
- Increased durability
- Superior adhesion
- Non-skid formula
- Zero VOC’s
- Easy application
- Coal-tar-free composition
4. MICROMIX® Mini Cold Mix for Asphalt Patching
The MICROMIX® Mini Cold Mix was designed specifically for smaller and more detailed asphalt repairs. This parking lot patching material repairs narrow and complex cracks such as eroding asphalt or concrete, shallow pavement “pop-outs,” and asphalt crocodile cracking.
The benefits of using this product for parking lot sealcoatings include:
- Decreased total repair costs
- Long-lasting coverage
- Easy application
- Warranty guaranteed
5. UPM® Cold Mix Asphalt Patch
UPM® Cold Mix is an asphalt repair patch for permanently filling potholes found in roads and cracks prior to parking lot sealing. Our skilled laboratory staff will design a material that is highly customized to your specific area.
Benefits of the UPM® Cold Mix include:
- Reduce future potholes and unwanted damage
- Durable over time in all weather conditions
- Eliminate costs from repeat repairs
- Improve safety and appearance
- Requires no primer or tracking materials
- Cold workability and stability
Steps for Parking Lot Sealing
Once you choose the right products for your parking lot sealcoating project, it’s time to get started. Using a pavement sealer can protect and expand the lifespan of asphalt surfaces like parking lots. The sealant shields the surface from harmful forces like sunlight, water, oils, and other elements. It also helps to maintain the aesthetic of the parking lot, increasing the overall curb appeal as well.
Here is a general process to follow when completing your parking lot sealing project:
- Prepare the area – Before starting the process of asphalt parking lot sealcoating, be sure to thoroughly clean off any debris, dirt, oil, and stains that you don’t want to be sealed into your surface. This is typically done using a power washer or blowers, depending on what you need to treat.
- Conduct any repairs – Try to fix any large cracks or potholes you see. Don’t worry too much about hairline cracks, as the sealer should help patch these up!
- Apply the sealant – Now, you’ll want to apply the sealer to the entire surface of your parking lot to prevent damage from water penetration, UV rays, oxidation, and more.
- Allow it to dry – Performing parking lot sealing doesn’t end with the application. Keep all foot and vehicle traffic off of your asphalt surface until it dries and cures completely. The drying and curing time will vary based on the type of sealer used and your weather conditions, so be sure to read the instructions thoroughly.
- Add any markings – Once the sealer cures completely, feel free to reapply any markings like parking lines, directional arrows, and more. This will freshen up the look of your parking lot while promoting safety for drivers.
After you add your markings, the process of parking lot sealcoating is complete! Be sure to conduct regular maintenance and address any issues that arise in order to prevent damage to your property.
Types of Sealers That Can Be Used During a Parking Lot Sealcoating Project
If you have been searching for a sealer to use on your parking lot, you have probably noticed that there are two different types that are commonly used: coal-tar-based sealers and asphalt-based sealers.
Each type features its own characteristics, which we discuss below.
Coal tar sealers have been around for some time and are known for their durability and protection against gasoline, oil, and other automotive fluids. The color of coal-tar-based sealers is a deep black, which helps enhance the appearance of asphalt.
However, these sealers can contain harmful chemicals that are dangerous for the environment. Some coal-tar-based sealers are restricted or even banned, so it is important to understand each component and the risks associated with it before applying.
Asphalt-based sealers, in addition to providing an attractive finished look, are composed of asphalt, water, mineral fillers, and other additives, making them a more environmentally friendly option than the coal-tar-based alternative. Additionally, asphalt-based sealers emit lower polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons, which means they are less dangerous to humans.
They still provide protection against water penetration, UV damage, and oxidation like coal-tar-based sealers. However, asphalt-based sealers are a lot easier to apply and clean up, making them the perfect choice for someone looking to conduct a parking lot sealing job with user-friendly products.
Other Types of Sealants
The other two types of sealers are oil-based and acrylic. Oil-based sealants are known to protect against harsh weather but have a strong odor and a long cure time. Additionally, they are high in VOC’s and can be harmful to the environment.
The last type of sealant is acrylic-based sealers. Acrylic sealers are often used to seal tennis and basketball courts and can be shaded to achieve a variety of colors. However, they are typically more expensive, which is why they aren’t used for parking lot sealcoating.
Contact Us Today for Parking Lot Sealing Solutions!
Are you ready to try out these products for parking lot sealcoating and resurfacing? UNIQUE Paving Materials is the best choice for you. Our team is dedicated to consistently delivering high-quality products for your repair needs! We will provide you with products that are proven to save time, money, and repeat repairs.
For more information about any of our products, such as our parking lot sealing materials, feel free to reach out to us! We look forward to answering any questions you may have.